8th Grade Graduation Information
In no time at all, your 8th grader will be graduating from JM and Cruising into High School! We look forward to celebrating this milestone and wanted to make you aware of the following activities:
Thursday, June 7
- 8th Grade Graduation Ceremony, Campolindo High School Gym, 5:30pm
- 8th Grade “Cruising into High School” Student Graduation Party, JMIS, 8-10pm
- Grad Party Cost: $40*
Ceremony Dress Code (as stated in the JM Handbook)
Dresses of a youthful nature, no longer than tea length (mid calf), no shorter than 5 inches above the knee; no backless, strapless or halter dresses or dresses with spaghetti straps; dress shoes with less than 3 inch heels. Slacks, no jeans; collared shirt and tie; sweater or jacket optional; no athletic shoes or sandals. Tuxedos are inappropriate and discouraged.
Friday, June 8
- Fun Day Field Trip to Boomers in Livermore with exclusive, unlimited use of their miniature golf, go-karts, bumper boats, laser tag and arcade. Pizza lunch included.
- Field Trip Cost: $60*
Take advantage of our early bird pricing through Feb 28 and sign your child up today!
- Click here to log into your Membership Toolkit account.
- If you don’t have an account, you can create one at no charge. Please be sure to complete the required online PTA Waiver Form.
- Early bird pricing ($100 for both the graduation party and Boomers field trip) will be available until Feb 28. After Feb 28, pricing will go up an additional $10.
- To verify if you paid at registration and completed the "PTA Parent Approval, Student, Family and Participant Waiver", login and select “Previous Orders” and “Completed User Forms” under Account Info and Registration. Be sure to complete the field trip form listed below.
- JM needs to receive a Field Trip Permission Form for each student going to Boomers. Click here to print the form, complete and turn into the appropriate basket in the JM office.
- All sales are final – no refunds!
Volunteer opportunities to follow. Financial assistance available if qualified.
Questions? Contact any of the following graduation committee members:
- Jane Healy (Volunteers) email@example.com
- Carol McAlpin (Communication) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ginger Stambaugh (Finances) email@example.com
- Gabriela Campo (Graduation Party) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jill Hudson (Boomers Field Trip) email@example.com
*The Graduation Party and Fun Day Field Trip are optional although attendance on the last day of school is still required even if your child opts out of the field trip.